Marinated Tenderloin of Beef with Bleu Cheese Butter
Recommended Wine Pairing
- 1, 4-6-ounce beef tenderloin steak
- 1 tablespoon Cellar No. 8 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
Bleu Cheese Butter
- 2 tablespoons Cellar No. 8 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons bleu cheese
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Reduce Cabernet Sauvignon and soy sauce by 1/4.
- Add oil and rub on beef. Marinade steak in wine, soy sauce and canola oil for several hours or overnight. The meat can be pan roasted, grilled or broiled over medium heat, 4 minutes per side.
- To make bleu cheese butter, reduce Cabernet and shallots by 2/3. Allow to cool. Add chives, bleu cheese, butter and salt. Place separate from beef and instruct to top the cooked meat with the bleu cheese butter.